The Host - Lisa from Lisa's Chaos
The Assignment - Lisa would like to what our quirks are. A quirk is defined as a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism. We are all unique individuals, having quirks that help make us who we are. Confess to one, confess to ten, you decide. Just come back Monday ready to spill the beans, the rest of the world may look at you like you are from Mars, but you‘re among friends here. We won’t laugh, in fact that eccentricity just may endear you to us more.
The first thing that came to mind when I heard about this weeks FM is a game the Fencing Team played. Yes, I fenced back in the day. No, not barbed wire or chain link. You need to realize in fencing you spend a lot of time starring at you opponent. Anyway we would play game (sort of on the order of charades’) who am I. We would imitate another fencer and say “Who am I”. What was funny about this game is if we pick someone from our own team - they almost never could identify themselves, the rest of the team would just howl. I think we can see other quirks much better than we can spot our own but here goes - for I do like to consider myself unique and special.
1. I can’t spell - this is no secret. I am well aware of the fact, I can’t spell. If it weren’t for spell check you wouldn’t have a clue what I’m writing about. As it is you only have to decipher the occasional wrong word, deal with the wrong tense, and the complete lack of grammar. I don’t punctuate either, well I try but I’m sure in the wrong spots. It seam to be a running gag among my friends and the source of great amusement.
2. I like points completely useless point they don’t have to be connected to any prize or game just points. I see them as hugs without all that touchy feely stuff. But I wonder if I also see them as I kind of approval? Or if it is my completive nature rearing it’s ugly head? I realized I had a problem with this when my mother passed away back in 2000, and I was competing to have the best flower arrangement in the cemetery. Every week I would drive over and check the graves, I had to change out the flowers every month, and would be completely crushed if someone some one visited the grave and didn’t say how nice the arrangement was. I was joneing bad. Can’t recall the exact time I realized what I was doing, but it wasn’t till after I had a real chance to morn my mother‘s death. I still go and change out the arrangements (when I’m in the area) but I try and put flowers out that my mother would enjoy and I no longer feel this need to win.
3. I kick my right foot when I trying to fall asleep but can’t. I realized that the entire family is aware of this quark as one of the great grand babies was put down for a nap and he was kicking is right leg, and everyone thought it was so cute he was imitating Great Auntie. Brat!
4. I blow air up into my face when I frustrated or over stressed. I also sometime make motor sounds for the same reason.
5. I use the term “I’m going to kill” or “stab you” when I reality I’m not. Well at least not kill you. But my sister has taken all the knives out of the house to keep me from stabbing the “Old One”.
Truth is I think he is going to break her before he does me.
6. I asked a friend what one of my quirks were - he said I was too nice. I think this is BS but I need to get to 10 so that I can get all the points and win. LOL
7. I regular carry on conversation with myself in my head and do simple math problems, some time at the same time.
8. I check out shopping carts - I fear I will become a bag person and want to be prepared. Lowes is the present winner but Sam’s club is running a close second.
9. I ask another friend and all she came up with is I can’t spell - yep know that one.
10. I don’t really have a number 10 just including it thinking by now you have gotten tired of reading this blog and will give me points lots and lots of points.
Thanks for stopping by - now go a check out the other quirky people over at Lisa's Chaos